Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sweet Carolina

As promised, another favorite singer songwriter for your listening pleasure... For two years I lived in Greensboro, North Carolina while I worked as an investigative producer and reporter at a local television station.  For many, many reasons this was a memorable time in my life and career.  This song by this artist about this place is sort of a perfect coming together for me.  I have a deep affection for all three.



I ain't never been to Vegas but I've gambled up my life
Building newsprint boats I race to sewer mains
Was trying to find me something but I wasn't sure just what
Funny how they say that some things never change

Oh, my sweet Carolina
What compels me to go
Oh, my sweet disposition
May you one day carry me home

 © 2000 Ryan Adams


P.S. Adorable summer sandals and yummy Italian basil lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment