Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hot town, summer in the city

I know the soaring temps and humidity this week can be tough for some to handle.  But really, THIS is what I've been waiting for.  Be careful, especially with the heat-vulnerable ones in our lives, but do try to embrace the thick hot sticky air -- and remember how we'll be longing for this weather in just a few short months.


Tricks for styling hair in the heat, without heat.

The BEST ponytails of all time.

What vacation looks like before and after kids.

First listen: Jenny Lewis' new album, 'Voyager.'  I DIG it.  (Fact: my daughter Riloh is named after Jenny Lewis' former band, Rilo Kiley, which was the first band my husband and I saw together when we started dating.)

This bench is beautiful.  And, hmm, maybe this for the back patio?

Popsicle recipes (and a few with alcohol).

Check out Minneapolis-based Coolibar, stylish sun protective clothing for adults and kiddos.

Waaaaay too awesome not to share.  Cool cat looking for a kitty, Gonna look in every corner of the city...

Infinite seashell wall sculpture
Cucumber Honeydew Margarita Popsicles


No comments:

Post a Comment