Monday, August 18, 2014

Inspiration

© 2014 Analiese Miller

Today I went to the funeral of my childhood friend, Leah.  She was a remarkable person who will be tremendously missed by so many people.  The memory of how she chose to live will inspire me for the rest of my life.

I believe that we all want to be inspired.  We seek out creativity, beauty, grandeur, innovation, kindness, resiliency.  And we all want to feel purpose and meaning and the presence of a force that's greater than us, however we may define that personally. 

It's impossible to encapsulate the topic of "inspiration" in a single blog post and I'm not going to try.  I will simply say: I hope you find your inspiration today.  Some days we have to look hard for it.  Other days it's just so very obvious, and it can really change your life.

This beautiful quote was read at Leah's funeral and is a perfect reflection of her memory:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  -- Maya Angelou

© 2014 Analiese Miller

The photographs in this post were made by my talented friend, Analiese Miller.  Watch for more of her beautiful work to be featured on The Fischbowl.

2 comments:

  1. I think your picture choices are awesome reflections of Leah too. Cherish your memories with each breath. Hugs, Kristin Savela Byrne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! Thanks for your note. I have wonderful memories of our younger years. Hope you're well!

      Delete