Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My faith in gummies has been renewed

I don't actually remember loving gummy candy as a kid.  I've always had a major sweet tooth, but I hated sour patch kids and the flavor of a gummy worm was never satisfying enough to tolerate its sinewy texture.  Well this week a sweet-sweet package arrived at my door from an old friend in Indiana, which is apparently home to the Albanese Confectionery, which makes the "World's Best Gummies."  As my three-year-old was shoving them in her mouth, I tasted one and then grabbed the bag from her sticky hands.  These gummies are amazing.  Sweet, soft, wonderful flavors.  I'm so glad they can be ordered online.  Perfect for birthday parties and special occasions (like my secret candy stash in the high cupboard.)  Thanks, Libby!


List of artists whose live shows make us nervous.

Interview with pastry chef Dominique Ansel about his work and quirks (and love of gummies).

Story behind what was initially thought to be just another song by just another duo.  (Spoiler alert: it was eventually ranked as having had more radio and television play in the United States than any song of the 20th century.)

Unique coffee gadgets to improve your brew and the look of your kitchen counters.

The Portland Press

No comments:

Post a Comment