Friday, January 10, 2020

Resolving to do THIS

Hello, World Wide Web! Is that an echo I hear? That's fair. After all, it has been years since I've kept up with you on this blog.

But now I'm back. With renewed energy for this forum, new perspectives to share and new ambitions to pursue. Cheers!

There's a weird pressure to start something "new" with the New Year. For me, I think I'm energized by putting away Christmas decorations. We LOVE Christmas in our house (understatement). But after the January clean-up, areas of the house feel new with space and for about a week rooms are clean. It's a good time to purge closets to make room for the new gifts. And we know there's a solid four months left of winter, so we might as well tackle the indoor projects now.

I also love new planners. Beautiful graphics printed on luxurious heavy papers. And pens, oh how I love a good ink pen. Yes I keep my electronic calendar and depend on the alerts to remember to do most things. But I just love to write out my schedule in the even rows of boxes and carefully craft my to-do lists so I can methodically check things off as I do them.

My core new year goals are the same: stay healthy, keep my family healthy and happy, enjoy moments, have adventures, be kind, help others, tell people I love them...

I'm working on career ambitions now. More on that in a future post. Or several posts. One of the main reasons for writing here again is to work through my ideas about career. I originally started this blog to focus on ideas of creativity in many various forms. I plan to continue that format and evolve my "research" to include creative jobs and other cool professional pursuits. Stay tuned.

Tuscany 2006

Here's a pretty photo from my honeymoon in Italy. It was the start of a new chapter in my life that is now in year 13. Same awesome hubby, two fantastic kids, a perfect dog and two guinea pigs that I'm slowly accepting into our family. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment